Monday, February 7, 2011

Acknowledging Imperfections Facilities Empathy and Self-Acceptance!

Acknowledging Imperfections Facilities Empathy and Self-Acceptance!

When a couple come to me for counseling and are pointing fingers at each other, reacting to each other; the realization is usually it's a pattern about the individual themselves and not, and not, about each other.

The first step is to use a variety of therapeutic techniques that I describe in my books so that each partner connects with their will, their willing (an intention) and their willingness (to commit) to begin to look at their imperfections. Achieving this, it opens the door to refraining from pointing fingers at each other.

I then counsel couples and facilitate each individual to acknowledge their individual imperfections usually coming from family of origin or from other hurt or trauma that the individual has experienced.

The next step is for the individual to begin feeling the feelings reflective of the emotions as it reflects the hurt or trauma. I use once again a variety of techniques that I describe in my books. It's powerful work. The processing of the feelings is one action. It works! I appreciate and ackowledge each partner for their effective work with my techniques.

The empathy for the self, the compassion for the self facilitates empathy, more self acceptance and compassion for each other. The result is greater respect and love for each other. Partners stop pointing fingers, stop attempting to change each other and just begin to accept and have empathy for each other as they each other are.

The result of the empathy and acceptance is that love, intimate love is initiated.

Please purchase my two books described on the side panels. Phone me for your counseling needs at 619-584-8093, invite me to do presentations before your groups for fees and expenses. I look forward to be hearing from you.

Best
Joel V. BA. Education, BBA. Business Admin, M.A. Masters of Psychology, Human Behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment