Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Surgery

The Surgery

It’s only a day and two nights since I returned from the hospital and now I can write about the experience of left hip replacement.
The actually left hip replacement surgery was three and half to four hours on June 29th. My understanding that the actually surgery would be one hour and a half. Well, there were complications.
I have complete confidence in both the Surgeon Peter, and the Anesthesiologist, John. The anesthesiologist and myself decided upon a local or regional anesthesia. Initially, there was an issue with the IV. It ended up taking two Doctors and three nurses to properly administer the IV. I was wheeled into the operating room. The operating room was updated and modernized. I worked many years ago as an orderly in the operating room but this room was quite modern.
The operating room table for example is a “special” table for “alternative” hip replacements. I’m glad I choose an “alternative” approach to hip replacement. I believe the name of the approach is “alterior”?
The local or regional anesthesia began to take effect. However, the anesthesia did’nt reach my left hip “in time” before Surgeon John made the incision. Instantaneously, I gave out a “primal scream”. The anesthesiologist gave me a so-called “cocktale” and I was out. The use of the primal sound was instrumental in the immediate administration of the “cocktale”. I was traumatized by the incision. I certainly felt it and have had flashbacks, PTSD symptoms.
Peter, the surgeon had much difficulty inserting the socket and the stem of the new artificial hip joint. I believe the initial one was inappropriate and a different one had to be used.
The banging woke me out of the anesthesia, and I visually observed Peter, the Surgeon with the hammar, and that was traumatizing as well.
Trauma can be experienced instantaneously. It can be embedded, ingrained, hard wired, deeply rooted dependent upon the circumstances and situation. I experienced it twice during the surgery.
Later, I shared it with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. Fortunately, they were both supportive.
Subsequent to the surgery while I lie in the hospital, I processed effectively the intense “Feelings” of the above two traumatizing events. I had a peer co-counselor come to the room and I processed the feelings with him. Today, I’m processing them as well through primal sound, peer counseling, manifestations of emotional release, the elongated yawn, animated laughter with feelings, hot and cold sweats as it reflects the intensity of feelings reflective of the range of emotion from fear through terror, silent meditation, and reiki.
I started doing the necessary exercises required for hip replacement and used the primal sound, animated laughter, elongated yawning to connect with and release the tension in my body. The processing was significant in my maintaining an achoring in my body and staying in present time.
The issues I had with blood transfusion, low blood count, foli-catheter, dizziness, and turning white all began to dissipate as I processed my “feelings” effectively/efficiently, and in present time or as I felt the pain.
I’ve been managing and coping effectively with the ability to heal with compassionate love and spiritual power.
Please check out and buy my books at www.idaretoheal.com. I’ll be available for counseling others on co-dependency issues, control, compliance, denial, and self-esteem issues upon my recovery.

Best
Joel V.

No comments:

Post a Comment