Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warning - The Scam

Warning - The Scam

My close relative was scammed out of $6000 to $8000 dollars recently by a person who claimed to be my nephew! Somehow, "the person" was able to use my nephews profile and claim that he was in jail and that he needed sums of money to free himself. My relative who is elderly was just convinced, just convinced that my nephew was talking over the phone. She continually stated that "it sounded like him". I convinced her that it wasn't my nephew and that in fact it was a scam. My relative claimed that "the person" convinced her not to tell anyone about their conversation. Well, the $6000 to $8000 dollars is not easy to hide. The family took significant measures to make sure that large sums of money should not be withdrawn in the future.

Well, it wasn't my nephew and my relative ended up wiring the large sum of money to this person in Montreal, Canada.

This post is a warning to those seniors who read this blog. Please do not allow or permit yourself to be scammed by those who claim to be relatives.

Personally, I was upset by the scam and accessed my feelings of anger and released, relinquished, and let them go. I was then able to approach the situation by phoning the banks and permitting the police to do the investigation.

Please check out my website at www.idaretoheal.com and purchase my two books, "I Dare to Heal with Compassionate Love", and "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power". Please check out my video as well on youtube.com by writing in "Animated Laughter with Feelings" Permit and Allow yourself to feel your feelings by participating in the group experience. I'm an expert with co-dependency issues, relationships of control, compliance, denial, and low self-esteem issues. I'll be available for counseling in two weeks.

Best
Joel V. BA, Education, BBA Business Marketing, M.A. Psychology of Human Behavior

No comments:

Post a Comment