Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Unwritten Agreement

The Unwritten Agreement

I received my Masters of Art, M.A., Psychology in June 2006 after completing the program. I wanted my Masters in Counseling but because of narrow inflexible thinking on the part of instructors and the chairperson my Counseling Masters was not to manifest itself into reality. The "denial", The "control" (fear based), by the pyschological community, "the unwritten agreement" of the "cognitive" approach to so-called mental health still over all these years is the routine. True, there are the schools of spiritual psychology and the schools of transpersonal psychology. However, unfortunately, I chose a fast path, an inflexible path, and a path that led to my instructors responding, reacting in an inflexible narrow intellectual result. I most certainly take responsibility for my choices and have released a good deal of my frustration over my story.

Fortunately, I've amassed a great deal of counseling experience. I started counseling others, including peer counseling in 1972. I've become an expert with co-dependency issues.

The unfortunate result of the prevailing thinking of the same old, same old psychological DSM-IV, (disease diagnostic manual) is that human beings are still impacted; they're hurt!
Alternative, methods that I write about and that I've created (animated laughter with feelings) are still unacceptable to those who "control". The "mindset" is the same. The cognitive therapy, the medications are still administered and the results are as well, the same old, the same old.
Once again, I call for proactive mindset change. Incorporate, manifestations of emotional release, "animated laughter with feelings" for those who have been diagnosed with PTSD! This is but one example.

Please check out and purchase my books at http://www.idaretoheal.com/. I'll be available for counseling on co-dependency issues in the month of August. Please check out my other website; http://www.healthplansinsandiego.com/. I've learned that a home health care as part of a Long Term Care Plan is essential. This is expecially true like myself when you are alone. Handling the ADL's, activities of daily living can be a major challenge.

Best
Joel V.

No comments:

Post a Comment