Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11, Exerpt from "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power".

9/11, Excerpt from "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power"

Today is 9/11, ten years after. I sat in a CODA (co-dependence meeting) and shared my grief at the occurrence of the destruction of innocent lives . The tears rolled down my eyes. Here is an excerpt from my book "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power" as it reflects my visit to the site shortly after its destruction. I'm a New Yorker. I grew up on it's streets, its "projects", the red brick buildings. I went to its public schools and colleges. I walked the streets of Manhattan many times from the Village, Sutton Place, East Harlem, 34th street, Rockefeller Plaza, Olmstead's Central Park, the Upper West and East Sides, The Garment District, Park Avenue, Grand Central Station, Pennsylvania Avenue, Little Italy, Washington Square Park, Gramacy Park, Baruch College, Columbia University, Macy's, Soho, China Town, Germantown, Hell's Kitchen, the Lower East Side, Houston Street, 14th street, Chelsea, Herald Square, The Toy District, Stuyvesant Town, Cooper Union, New York University, Central Park West, Broadway, Frances Tavern, The Closters, Restaurant Row, The Theater, Shopping, The Museums, The Jewelry District, 666 Ffifth Ave, Wall Street, and of course the World Trade Center. These are but some of the places that are etched in my memory. It's also the experiences that I shared with others.

The Exerpt of Two Paragraphs

I approached ground zero after having lunch with Don Schmall and felt an immediate sense of grief at the magnitude of the tragedy that transpired at the site. I thought of those family members who were still in sheer grief of those who have lost their lives of their loved ones. I knew the key was for people to access their grief with listening support and negotiate their feelings. Again, this is a gradual process. The emotional impact of the bringing down of the Twin Towers at World Trade Center will be long lasting. The many lives that have been lost, the realization of vulnerability of the United States is yet to be realized. There are those individuals who have yet to realize their own impermanence and vulnerability in life. The shock is so great that denial permeates one's reality, awareness, and consciousness.

Humankind seemed frozen in an uncanny state of silence. I stood in but a small group of on-lookers. The shock of disbelief just seemed to permeate the moment. The rain was coming down upon the narrow street that bordered the former WTC site. Broadway was near and vehicles lumbered along the streets on either side. The crowd was small, but the silence was overwhelming. The smell of jet fuel and its stench in the surrounding air was evident. We seemed to share and feel a range of emotions which naturally rise within us. Anger of great depth, degree,and dimension was present. The density and intensity of the feelings of those surrounding me was unknown to me, but I certainly sensed strong emotions and the emotional vibrations from a shared sense of disbelief of others who stood shoulder to shoulder with me. Sadness and grief with its overwhelming sensation was incomprehensible to the intellect. I could sense these emotions as they penetrated through the crowd. It seemed we were spiritually one with these feelings, feelings, feelings. There was no stopping them. They came naturally. The feelings were overwhelming, numbing, and paralyzing. We seemed paralyzed in time and space in the moment. There was a knowing of the horror that took place here. Here! Nearby!

Please purchase the books located on the website: www.idaretoheal.com. Invite me for presentations, hire me for counseling sessions, single and couples, donate to the blog sites, and of course consultations.

Best

Joel V. BA. Education, BBA. Business Admin, M.A. Masters of Psychology, Human Behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment