Monday, February 21, 2011

Caffea Arabica

Caffea Arabica

She developed a"Garden for Health" in a famous park in San Diego, California. It was her contribution to humankind here on earth. She loved kids and was committed to their education. Her labors as a substitute teacher were self-sacrificing. In fact, self-sacrificing was a common component to her personality. I told her that it was an unhealthy occupation and encouraged her to end the torture. However, her mortgage needed to be paid and she persevered as a substitute teacher. She stayed in denial of its ill effects upon her health.

We had often hugged. The embrace was a sharing of love by two friends. The love had always been a friendship, nothing more. She was content with it.

It was over a year ago that we were together at the Los Angeles Times Festival of the books and I noticed in her words that she was losing touch with reality. I said nothing to her about it. My friend was ill and I knew it. I didn't think she was aware of her illness. She didn't know that cancer had begun its death march.

It was this time less than a year ago that I visited her in the hospital and brought her chocolate and flowers. I gave her a hug. I loved her. The illness was consuming her. It was the last time I saw her alive. It was but a short time after my visit that she passed.

I'm sad now as I write, and with sadness I was at her "garden" yesterday. I stood by her "Caffea Arabica" where her ashes had been laid. She had donated "Caffea Arabica" to the garden. I reached out and my arms formed an embrace and goose bumps streamed through my skin as I felt, as I felt her spirit embracing me. The energy was uncanny, electric, warm, and loving. The synchronicity of the experience was spiritual in nature, and her spirit was very present. I felt fear, and love because of the experience. However, I surrendered, let go of, relinquished the fear and now I'm left with the sadness of "Caffea Arabica".

Best
Joel V. BA. Education, BBA. Business Admin, M.A. Master's of Psychology, Human Behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment