Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"The Dance"

"The Dance"

Often, in co-dependent relationships a "dance of neediness" exits. It's a non-verbal dance of "if and when you fill my need, I'll fill your need". The dance can be non-verbal in ones body language or it can be quite verbal. It's usually both verbal and non-verbal. It's a relationship based on insecurity and neediness. The dance is mistaken for love. It's not love, it's a disease.

Love is heart felt and comes from giving of oneself emotionally to another. Love is thoughtful and felt authentically. It can even be unconditional in its emotional quality and quantity.

The dance of neediness can be in the form of control, compliance, denial, and low self-esteem. The dance of love can be in the form of a giving, receiving, and come from the authentic self.
The dance of love is mature and giving, while the dance of neediness is inmature and self-centered. The dance of neediness comes from scarcity and dependence and the dance of love comes from abundance and a sense of self-independence, healthy, and happy!

What is your present dance?

I counsel others on co-dependent issues in San Diego. Please check out my website at www.idaretoheal.com, please purchase the books, "I Dare to Heal with Compassionate Love", and "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power". Please check out my other website, www.healthplansinsandiego.com. I'm a broker with many different health insurance companies. I specialize in MediCare Plans, Individual Health, Small Group Health as well.

Best
Joel V. BA, Education, BBA, Business Admin., M. A. Master's in Psychology, Human Behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment