Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Discernment

Discernment?

The night of July 13th found me in severe pain with my left lower leg. Was it a blood clog. I had experienced blood clots previously with a total right knee replacement ten years ago. The back of my leg tightened up and I couldn't sleep. I phoned the nurse and left a message.

I feel asleep around 2:00am July 14th and awoke two or three times until the phone rang at 8:30 a.m. The nurse urged me to immediately visit the office as soon as possible. Shall I drive? I was unsure but felt strong enough to give it a go. I needed to use discernment? Is it still too early for me to drive? It's been only two weeks since I had major total hip replacement but I felt strong enough to drive. I could ask a neighbor. I'm sure they would be happy to assist me. I decided not to make the request but to drive to the phsycians office. I did so.

Fortunately, I had no problem and arrived at the Doc's office and was examined by the physicians assistant who determined I needed a dopplar test to determine whether or not I had developed a blood clot. While the test couldn't be performed before 1:00 p.m. So, I returned home and fell asleep.

I returned to the location where the test was to be performed and fortunately the technician found no sign of a blood clot. Certainly, I was relieved because If a clot was to be found then the medication of choice is the rat poison coumadin.

Recent studies have determined that the medication needs a genetic test to determine the correct dosage. There is an enzyme that metabolizes the medication. The genetic test is performed to determine whether the enzyme can correctly metabolize the correct dosage for the individual needing the medication.

Please check out my website and purchase my books "I Dare to Heal with Compassionate Love", and "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power" at www.idaretoheal.com. The books have been rated five star! Please check out my other website for insurance at www.healthplansinsandiego.com. When I'm feeling better, I'm available for counseling others on co-dependency issues.

Best with Zest!
Joel V.

No comments:

Post a Comment