Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Transfusion

The Transfusion

Surgeon Peter advised me that he needed one pint of my blood in the event of the necessity of a transfusion. There are many who have major surgery who do not, who do not, acquire a pint or more of their own blood.

Recently, at a meeting of mental health initiatives for military who suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD, (post traumatic stress disorder), a former Vietnam Veteran expressed his anger about his son-in-laws possible developing PTSD symptoms because of service in the military. The speaker rightly condemned the "mindset" of the military's psychiatric community, demanding that the mindset must change. Unfortunately, the psychiatric community are stuck in a rigid inflexible mindset that has led to the suicides of many former soldiers.

The speaker claimed that over 1800 soldiers have developed HIV issues because of blood transfusions.

Fortunately, I took the initiative an purchased my own blood donation, $325.00 which I needed because of my blood count.

In summary, it's important to have you own blood as a resource prior to major surgery.

Please go to my website at www.idaretoheal.com and purchase my books and contact me by E-mail for my counseling services.

Best
Joel V.

No comments:

Post a Comment