Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Best Practices" in Psycho-Therapy

"Best Practices" in Psycho-Therapy

I received a comment that my suggestions in relationship counseling, in individual psycho-therapy have not yet materialized into "Best Practices" in psycho-therapy. I think initially so-called "Best Practices" are useful in both relationship couseling and in individual psycho-therpy.
Most psycho-therapists "listen" and will make comments based upon what is shared by clients. EMDR or eye movement desenitization and reprocessing is an established method for addressing trauma or post traumatic stress disorder. The results of psycho-therapy is mixed.

However, there is a dimension, a passage that a patient can make into learning to feel their feelings and learning to "trust" the manifestations of emotional release and primal sound. The manifestaions of emotional release include animated laughter, tearing, sobbing, elongated yawning, connecting with feelings of anger and expressing them in a variety of healthy ways, hot, cold sweats, chatterning, shaking, active kidneys, and it's under my skin (scratching), and I've just got to get it out. Once the feelings begin to be released it's then a continuous on-going release must occur (again, again, again, again). Have you ever had a good, good, good, emptying cry? Gee what a relief!

The use of primal sound is not emotional release. It's sound used to access the feelings (however deep, however emotional "stuck" one is) to begin the release, relinquishment, letting go, and transmitting the dissonant energies out of your body.

Once a person, client, patient, has "arrived" at trusting themselves to feel their feelings regardless of the depth, degree, facets, and dimensions of the emotional, physical, and the pain of unfulfilled needs, it is then a client has experienced emotional freedom, and connection with a universal spirit. My experience is that "best practices" are those practices that resonate with an individual temperament, personality as it reflects their developmental, biological, experiences, genetic code, and environment.

Please check out my website at www.idaretoheal.com and purchase my books, "I Dare to Heal with Compassionate Love", and "I Dare to Heal with Spiritual Power". I'm available for counseling on co-dependent issues. My contact info is on my website.

Best
Joel V. BA, Education, BBA, Business Marketing, M.A., Psychology, Human Behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment